Skip to content
- Only 1 died due to the Revolutionary war ( and that was in a dual). 17 served in the military.
- 8 others died of causes other than war.
- Tension – 5 captured by the British, 1 lost a son in the war.
- Of the 56, 25 were lawyers, 15 merchants, 10 involved farming/land speculation, 4 physicians, 1 scientist, 1 minister.
- The average number of children they had was 6.
- The average age of the signers was 45 and average age at death 66
- 2 lasted until the 50th anniversary in 1826 (Jefferson and Adams). The oldest signer at death was 95 (Charles Carroll of Md).